topseos.com, the independent authority on search vendors, recognizes the best local search engine optimization companies in the internet marketing industry. Vendors that are ranked by us have gone through a meticulous evaluation process to determine the quality of work that is done. This often includes a review of their portfolio and contacting clients for an evaluation of their experience with the vendor. At the end of this process, the information is compiled, and the top companies are ranked.
topseos identified five key areas that are important when it comes to providing local search services: needs analysis, keyword selection, optimization, localization, and reporting.
The first of the five evaluation criteria looks at the needs analysis done by the vendor. This includes looking into their ability to recognize the needs specific to the client. Is the vendor conscious of the goals of their clients? How are the strategies that are created targeted to reach those goals?
Keyword selection for local search engine optimization is different than standard SEO. This evaluation include the processes by which a company determines the most appropriate keywords for the local market. Does the company work solely based on general search traffic patterns of the US or do they identify the regional dialects for the target market?
We then look into the optimization of a site both on-page and off-page. This evaluation includes the on-page optimization assessment by assessing the implementation of the keyword strategy throughout content, title tags, and meta tags. It also includes an assessment of the off-page optimization in addition to standard off-page work.
A fourth component identified by us is the vendor’s ability to localize the work. How well does a company do at identifying local search tendencies as compared to global search tendencies? To help identify the effectiveness of a vendor we also analyze traffic statistics to determine if the site is in actuality, targeting the market identified by the client.
Reporting is the last key area identified by topseos. Does the company provide clear and understandable reports to their clients? Do these reports provide recommendations of next steps to take in the campaign or other ways that a client can improve conversions via the site?
A few questions that we may ask clients of these firms are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How big is your “local” area?
- How many visitors do you attract daily from your “local” area?
- What techniques were implemented by the agency to get you maximum coverage for your regional target market?
- How do you measure the success of your local search campaign?
- What are the next set of unique local search techniques your agency advises you to implement?